Supply Chain Integrity
The supply chain integrity programme supports the supply chain function of FSC – maintaining the organization’s credibility through streamlining response times, and developing tools used by retailers, stakeholders, and FSC itself to improve intelligence gathering.
- To secure the integrity and relevance of the FSC chain of custody system and brand as part of the FSC Global Strategic Plan.
- To create a more efficient and credible verification system which uses digital and emerging technologies. In the short term, this includes: developing solutions for addressing false claims; auditing assurance; and cost effective certification.
Results achieved to date
- Value chains with a high risk of false claims are being identified, investigated and addressed.
- Coordination with Accreditation Services International (ASI) to implement transaction verification requirements and test the best methods and tools for meeting these requirements.
- Development and testing of an FSC rapid response system for false claims and incidences.
- A volume matching tool (with ASI and support from FSC), central incident database (including a rapid response system) and global brand protection toolkit are in development.
- Penalties for false claims, fraud and counterfeiting are developed and included in the normative framework and trademark license agreement.