Solutions Forum for Labour Rights
This group exists to create a space for cross-chamber dialogue on how forest workers’ rights can be promoted in the FSC system, and generate a broad acceptance of proposed solutions.
- Expand on workers’ protection and coverage, including and beyond the principles of the International Labour Organization Core Conventions.
- Participate in standard development processes and find solutions to labour rights’ queries in FSC systems.
- Liaise with dispute and grievance handling mechanisms and propose alternatives for handling workers’ issues in the FSC system.
Results achieved to date
- The group has created a labour solutions forum with cross-chamber membership from regional offices, unions, and employers.
- The group has also proposed tools and instruments on labour rights in FSC, and will present these for discussion at the 2017 general assembly.