Solutions Forum for Intact Forest Landscapes
The solutions forum for intact forest landscapes (IFLs) is a constructive dialogue platform aiming to create further discussion within FSC around the relationship between IFLs and Indigenous cultural landscapes (ICLs), region by region.
- Maintain a platform for constructive dialogue on IFL protection, engaging stakeholders, certificate holders and government bodies, and connecting it to regional dialogue on forest landscapes.
- Clarify FSC’s approach and progress on IFL protection and help to communicate this to a wider audience.
- Identify the relations between IFLs and ICLs in a region-specific context and establish forms of dialogue with Indigenous communities on the topic of ICLs.
Results achieved to date
- The group held a meeting to debate the protection of IFLs in a tropical environment during April 2017, securing active participation of governments from the tropics and their acknowledgement of the importance of work facilitated by FSC.
- Further meetings to discuss IFLs in a boreal environment are arranged for October 2017 in Vancouver, Canada.
- A charter for creating the FSC IFL solutions forum has been presented, including the scope and objectives of the forum, which includes all stakeholder groups and sectors, including governments.