Engaging members in the general assembly process
The aim of this priority project is to ensure members of all three chambers are well prepared for, and feel engaged in, the general assembly (GA). This is part of a longer-term goal to motivate members to get involved in FSC generally, and increase the number and diversity of members active in FSC processes.
- Hold regional and chamber-specific face to face meetings with members to promote discussion and sharing of information around the general assembly.
- Host a digital platform for the proposing and discussion of GA motions.
- Communicate regularly with members to ensure they have all the information they need to participate in the GA.
- Inform members (attending and not attending) about events at the GA, as they happen.
Results achieved to date
- Regional meetings have been held with members in all FSC regions; and a global social chamber meeting was held. These were used to discuss motion submissions, event preparations, and members’ needs.
- A document providing guidance on how to submit a successful motion was prepared and distributed to members.
- A digital motions platform was developed for members to submit proposed motions, and discuss these before they are finalised and once submitted.
- The motions platform is hosted on a new GA website, which also features programme information, venue and logistics updates, and registration facilities.
- Regular email updates about the event are sent to members.